NAME: The Name of the body is Australian Little Athletics Incorporated (promoted as Little Athletics Australia (LAA))
LEGAL STATUS: Australian Little Athletics is incorporated under the Associations Incorporation Act in the Australian Capital Territory. Its registered office at ACT Sports House, 100 Maitland Street, Hackett, Australian Capital Territory, 2602.
LOCATION: LAA is located at: Ground Floor, Athletics House, 31 Aughtie Drive, Albert Park, Victoria, 3206.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE: The purposes for which LAA is established are:
POWERS: The powers of LAA and the Executive are established by the Constitution.
VALUES: The philosophy of the LAA is best captured by the words “Family, Fun and Fitness”. As part of this philosophy we encourage athletes and volunteers to embrace “BE YOUR BEST”.
FAMILY – The cornerstone of Little Athletics is family involvement in activity programs. Parents are encouraged to participate in all activities from Centre to National level.
FUN – With the focus on participation and personal improvement, Little Athletics encourages children to enjoy sporting activities, develop motor skills, enjoy social interaction in a supportive and friendly atmosphere.
FITNESS – The emphasis on developing a healthy attitude to physical fitness at an early age is the key to adopting good habits for life.
MEMBERSHIP: The membership of the LAA as at 1 January 2014 consists of:
Affiliated Associations, being:
• Australian Capital Territory Little Athletics Association Inc.
• Little Athletics Association of New South Wales Inc.
• Tasmanian Little Athletics Association Inc.
• Queensland Little Athletics Association Inc.
• South Australian Little Athletics Association Inc.
• Victorian Little Athletics Association Inc.
• West Australian Little Athletics Inc.
Competitive members, being:
• Registered athletes of affiliated Associations.
• Affiliated Association volunteers numbering in excess of 150,000.
Life Members of LAA;
and Directors of LAA.